Kobo for self publishing

Posted by Patrice Wilton | 12:01 PM | 9 comments »

Hi everyone,
If you haven't heard Kobo is the new kid on the block, the place to go to self publish. They are setting it up and it will be live in July. They have a great platform which should make it ideal for the authors. For instance no exclusives, free promo days whenever you want, 45% of books under $2.99 and 70% for books over $2.99. This beats out Amazon and B&N. Now, I could be wrong but I believe I heard on one of the self publishing loops that Kobo is also Apple. It's also big in the Asian market, so that opens up a door there.
Here's the link, and go to the bottom under authors and publishers.
http://www.kobobooks.com/

I'm looking forward to putting all my books up there, but of course if you have a book in Kindle Select, you'd need to wait until the 3 month commitment is up.
Good luck everyone and happy sales!

9 comments

  1. Nightingale // June 21, 2012 at 12:25 PM  

    Thanks for the information. Sounds good but I wonder if people will know about it the way they know about Amazon. Patrice, you are an inspiration to us all.

  2. Patrice Wilton // June 21, 2012 at 12:43 PM  

    Good question, but they have a very nice website, and if it hits the Asian market that alone makes it worth the few minutes spent downloading the book. I also love the free promo idea, and it can still be available everywhere else.

  3. Mary Ricksen // June 21, 2012 at 3:15 PM  

    Great idea!

  4. Mary Ricksen // June 21, 2012 at 3:20 PM  

    Great idea!

  5. Autumn Jordon // June 21, 2012 at 4:06 PM  

    Thanks, Patrice. There is just so much to learn.

  6. Josie // June 22, 2012 at 8:51 AM  

    Patrice,
    I hadn't heard, but this is fantastic news. Thanks for keeping us in the loop in this quick-changing publishing world.

  7. Judith Keim // June 22, 2012 at 1:27 PM  

    Thanks, Patrice! Interesting stuff...

  8. Mary Marvella // June 24, 2012 at 6:20 PM  

    Thanks for the head up. The world of publishing is changing and I want to take advantage of those changes.

  9. Beth Trissel // June 26, 2012 at 8:44 AM  

    Thanks Patrice! I hadn't heard a thing about it. I'll take a look for my self-pubbed works.